|Title||Louis Gill miscellany|
|Dates of Creation||1894 and 1907|
|Physical Description||1 folder|
|Language of Material||English|
|Scope & Content||
Miscellaneous items, 1894 and 1907, received by Madison, Wisconsin, area farmer Louis Gill. They relate to the Dane County Agricultural Society, the University of Wisconsin Agricultural Experiment Station and the Democratic Party.
(1) a letter hand written by L. E. Stevens, Madison real estate broker, to Eli Gill saying he has not yet received the rent for No. 504 W. Wilson Street. On the back of the stationery is a map of Dane County by Zeese & Co. , Engrs., Chi.
(2) 5 1/2" x 8 1/4" mimeographed form letter from the Dane County Agricultural Society to life members alerting them to the upcoming Fair. Signed S. L. Sheldon, President and R.C. Vernon, Secretary. The letter is torn into two pieces.
(3) Sept. 1894 form letter from the Dane County Agricultural Society to "Dear Sir" encouraging exhibitors and visitors to the upcoming Fair.
An excerpt reads, "you are reminded that this will probably be the last Fair that will ever be held on old Camp Randall, where our soldiers were congregated during the war, and which has so many interesting historic associations. The 'Old Veterans' should be here; the 'Sons of Veterans' should come; all the people should assemble and have a rousing patriotic meeting on the old camp grounds."
(4) an 1894 letter to Louis Gill from the University of Wisconsin Agricultural Experiment Station inquiring about purchasing yearling wethers or lambs.
(5) letter to Louis Gill from the Democratic County Committee Headquarters requesting him to complete a circular. The letterhead contains the names of the County officers, committee and the Democratic County ticket. Letter dated October 2, 1894.
(6) a 1907 form letter from the Dane County Agricultural Society to life members requesting a $5 contribution to help cover a shortfall in funds.
|Places1||Dane County (Wis.)|
|Institutions1||Dane County Agricultural Society (Wis.)|
|Institutions2||Dane County Fair (Madison, Wis.)|
|Call Number||ARM 2011-12|
|Catalog ID Number||2004.031.0001|